The list below was prepared by the office of noted attorney Terry Rector who is very experienced in representing individuals who have unfortunately been involved in a motorcycle accident. The steps below are important to preserve your health and rights.
Top ten things to do if you are involved in a motorcycle accident:
- Call 911 for assistance from the Police (they will help assist in the exchange of insurance information between the involved parties)
- Do not leave the scene of the accident.
- Make sure you are safe.
- Seek medical attention – often times you may not notice immediate injuries due to shock.
- Do not talk with the other party regarding fault or apologize.
- If you are able, take photographs at the scene and of any injuries you have.
- Follow up with your primary care physician.
- Report the accident to your insurance company and verify medical payment coverage available to you under your motorcycle policy. (This coverage will cover your initial medical bills)
- Avoid providing statements to the insurance company for the other party involved in the accident unless you have consulted with a Competent Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Be able to put your mind at ease and focus on healing by letting The Rector Law Firm – Protected Riders handle all of the aspects of your claim.
Please feel free to call us if you have any questions.