Call Us 24/7 For A Free Legal Consultation

Dealing With Medical Bills After An Accident

Top Rated Colorado Springs Lawyers

Exceptional Results Require Outstanding Attorneys

New Background Pic No Logo

Millions Of Dollars Recovered Every Year For Our Satisfied Clients

Awards & Associations

National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 Award Badge
Martindale Hubbel Distinguished Peer Rated For High Professional Achievement In 2018 Badge
Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Member Badge
Colorado Bar Association Member Badge
Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Badge

Medical Bills Can Cost You A Fortune

Ultimately the person legally at fault for your injuries is responsible for medical bills related to treatment.  When you are done with all of your medical treatment, the medical bills will be a portion of the damages requested from the at-fault person’s insurance company as part of the full and final settlement of your personal injury case. But how long does it take to get a personal injury settlement check? Your case may not settle for many months or years after the fact. In such a situation, dealing with medical bills after an accident can seem like a daunting task. What happens in the interim?  Collection?  Health Insurance?  Med pay through your own auto policy?

Lawyers Telling Client They Won Their Wrongful Death Case

Med Pay Coverage

In Colorado, all persons operating motor vehicles are entitled to “med pay coverage.”  Med Pay is essentially medical payment benefits.  It’s another form of health coverage for when you are injured while operating your covered vehicle.  This coverage is available to  you regardless of who is at fault for an accident.  In Colorado you have a minimum of $5,000 in med pay coverage unless you have rejected that coverage in writing.  You can select higher increments of med pay coverage for additional premiums.  Med pay is also a great source that can be used to cover co-pays or prescriptions that are imposed under your health insurance.  Some individuals who do not have med pay or health insurance obtain medical care by signing liens with medical providers that are paid out of the final settlement proceeds.

If your health insurer pays medical bills, they will have a right to be reimbursed out of your final settlement.  This reimbursement will be part of the contract of insurance you have with them.  In some circumstances the health insurer will reduce the amount they want to be paid out of the settlement for the efforts put forth by you and your attorney in recovering the bills paid.

Get Experienced Help From A Colorado Springs Lawyer

Which law firm you choose to work with after an accident will have a very important impact on your outcome. It’s important that you pick a firm with experience handling your type of case, and one that will treat you like a person, not like a dollar sign.

Speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer by calling Rector Stuzynski LLC today!

Areas We Serve

We serve clients injured anywhere throughout the state of Colorado, but we focus on residents of these areas: Colorado Springs, Manitou Springs, Fountain, Briargate, Monument, Black Forest, Pueblo, Canon City, Larkspur, Security-Widefield, Peyton, Castle Rock, Teller County, El Paso County, Elbert County, Park County, Douglas County and beyond.