Colorado is one of the most beautiful states in the the U.S. Its breathtaking and picturesque mountain landscape and rolling plains makes it one of America’s top motorcycle destinations for motorcycle enthusiasts around the world. From the majestic Rocky Mountains to the beautiful rolling foothills, Colorado motorcyclists can choose from a variety of scenic motorcycle routes. What are the top motorcycle routes in Colorado?
- Los Caminos Antiguos Scenic & Historic Byway – this historic byway will take you from Conejos through San Luis and Fort Garland. After 129 miles of beautiful scenery, you will end your trip at the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. This is a motorcycle experience you won’t want to miss.
- Top of the Rockies Scenic & Historic Byway – wind your way alongside the Arkansas River 10,200 feet up the Rockies. Take in the beautiful Rocky Mountains while passing remnants of old mining towns. This 75-mile one-way trip is one that every motorcyclist in Colorado should experience at least once in their lives.
- Mount Evans Scenic & Historic Byway – this 28-mile one-way route offers motorcyclists magnificent views of glacier-cut valleys. Over 14,000 feet above sea level, this is the highest paved road in North America.
- Trail Ridge Road Scenic and Historic Byway – this 48-mile one-way trip combines both straightaways and winding roads to showcase some of the beauty and splendor of Rocky Mountain National Park. Along the road motorcyclists can spot grazing big horn sheep and elk.
- San Juan Skyway Scenic and Historic Byway – this 236-mile loop takes motorcyclists through the towns of Durango, Silverton, Ridgway, and Telluride. You can ride the “Million Dollar Highway” from Ouray to Silverton and see some of the Rockies most beautiful peaks. This route is so exquisite that Travel + Leisure named it one of America’s Best Spring Drives in 2012.
- Independence Pass – this 80-mile one-way route is only open from Memorial Day to Labor Day due to road conditions in cooler weather. Motorcyclists can access the beautiful towns of Aspen and Snowmass or head to Glenwood Springs to take part in amazing hot springs.
- Santa Fe Trail Scenic and Historic Byway – this 184-mile one-way trail originally carried pioneers and traders across the prairie to the west in the 1800s. Motorcyclists on this route can still see wagon wheel ruts through the prairie grasses and pass by Bent’s Old Fort National Historic Site.
Colorado is a motorcyclist’s paradise especially in the warmer spring and summer months. Unfortunately, even in paradise accidents can still occur. Motorcycling accidents are unfortunately common in Colorado even during mild weather. When an accident occurs, motorcyclists may be left dealing with severe and often life-threatening injuries through no fault of their own. When this occurs, it is imperative that you contact an experienced Colorado Springs motorcycle accident lawyer immediately.
Your Colorado Springs motorcycle accident lawyer will need to review your case closely to determine who is ultimately to blame for your accident and subsequent injuries. With aggressive legal representation, you may be able to collect the maximum compensation for your injuries. This can help you stay out of financial debt during this difficult time and can offset the costs associated with medical bills, surgeries, rehabilitation, lost wages, and more.
Contact Our Colorado Springs Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident that was caused by another person’s negligence, our attorneys can help. At the Rector Law Firm, our Colorado Springs motorcycle accident attorneys have the experience and the resources to build a case that is designed to obtain maximum compensation for our clients. Call us today at 719-578-1106 for a free initial consultation and review of your case.